Sunday, August 28, 2005

Quick Day 19 update

Ok. So I've made it 19 days. No weight gain, sporadic cravings.

I'll put this out here as delicately as I can - let's just say that I'm a bit hormonal right now. That has coupled, I think, with the no nicotine thing to give me the massive shakes today. It's a weird feeling of total excess nervous energy.

I also have a friend who has quit several times in the past (currently he is smoking again). What got him, he said, was real trouble with persistent insominia. I'm not contending with that - it abated after the first week and my sleep patterns pretty much returned to what they had been. What I DO deal with, however, is pretty consistent low-grade headaches, even now, nearly three weeks in (sigh). I can live with it, but I'll be happy when my energy levels settle down (they range between frantic and exhausted) and when this mild but persistent headache lets go. :-D

7 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Wildefrost said...

Yay! 19 days is AWESOME! Keep up the strength.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Larry Kollar said...

Addiction and withdrawal is probably harder on women, I would imagine, because of the “hormonal” issues on top of the withdrawal symptoms.

The Boy is trying to quit now, at least he says he is. We bought him a bunch of gum to give him an outlet for the mental part of the habit. We'll probably have to slip in some nicotine gum when the cravings hit though — he has admitted he's addicted, although that could simply be an excuse.

For the headaches, I prescribe a little coffee. ;-)

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Patrick F said...

Good luck! Keep at it!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Glyn (Zaphod) Evans said...

Keep at it! My fiancee and I quit 3 and a half years ago. Cold turkey. That was it. Haven't touched a tobacco product since :)

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger RenaRF said...

Of course!! I owe an update to this thing...

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It was nice reading a blog like this. I hope some smokers can find motivation in this kind of article. Smokers can also try hypnotherapy to quit smoking. This method combines modern hypnosis with Neuro Linguistic Programming to achieve a high rate of success. I hope this helps too. Thanks a lot!

 
At 4:44 AM, Anonymous QUITWITHNICK said...

When it comes to quitting cigarettes for good i'm sure you would already agree that you have to do it with commitment. If that isn't there, then you're just wasting your time. I use to smoke and i've helped thousands of smokers quit over many years. Over that time, i have met many smokers who deep down are looking for some 'miracle cure', some 'silver bullet' to do all the work for them, but you see if you're not 100% comitted and are expecting THE AID to do all the work for you, guess what? You're always going to find quitting a struggle and you'll blame the aid saying 'it didn't work'. But if you think about it, every aid you can think of has 'worked' for litterally THOUSANDS of smokers. but not one aid ever has or ever will 'work' for everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home