Sunday, August 28, 2005

Quick Day 19 update

Ok. So I've made it 19 days. No weight gain, sporadic cravings.

I'll put this out here as delicately as I can - let's just say that I'm a bit hormonal right now. That has coupled, I think, with the no nicotine thing to give me the massive shakes today. It's a weird feeling of total excess nervous energy.

I also have a friend who has quit several times in the past (currently he is smoking again). What got him, he said, was real trouble with persistent insominia. I'm not contending with that - it abated after the first week and my sleep patterns pretty much returned to what they had been. What I DO deal with, however, is pretty consistent low-grade headaches, even now, nearly three weeks in (sigh). I can live with it, but I'll be happy when my energy levels settle down (they range between frantic and exhausted) and when this mild but persistent headache lets go. :-D

9 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Yay! 19 days is AWESOME! Keep up the strength.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger FARfetched said...

Addiction and withdrawal is probably harder on women, I would imagine, because of the “hormonal” issues on top of the withdrawal symptoms.

The Boy is trying to quit now, at least he says he is. We bought him a bunch of gum to give him an outlet for the mental part of the habit. We'll probably have to slip in some nicotine gum when the cravings hit though — he has admitted he's addicted, although that could simply be an excuse.

For the headaches, I prescribe a little coffee. ;-)

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Patrick F said...

Good luck! Keep at it!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Glyn (Zaphod) Evans said...

Keep at it! My fiancee and I quit 3 and a half years ago. Cold turkey. That was it. Haven't touched a tobacco product since :)

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Sherm said...

Go Rena!!! Good for you!! Yay! Evil drug and corporations that make 'em.

BTW, can I post a link to your site here on my blog? It'll give me some motivation when I finally pick a date... As always, thanks for sharing!

Sharon

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger RenaRF said...

Of course!! I owe an update to this thing...

 
At 5:00 AM, Anonymous chantix said...

Other than the anti-smoking medicine chantix, the quit smoking drug Zyban and a whole array of nicotine replacement therapies, namely, nicotine gum, patches, lozenges et al are also available in the market that help you to trigger off smoking cessation. But, significant Chantix facts present at the website http://www.chantixmagic.com make it apparent that in spite of the presence of all these anti-smoking therapies, Chantix still remains the most highly sought after quit smoking drug on account of the Chantix superb mechanism that helps you to get rid of nicotine addiction at ease.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger webmasterchantixonline said...

We suggest you to buy chantix to quit the very dangerous 'nicotine' addiction by having the anti-smoking magic pill 'Chantix' which is Pfizer manufactured and approved by FDA on May 11,2006.For more sophisticated information about the side-effects of smoking and the treatment of it,Please logon to Chantix Online.

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Arnold Adam said...

It was nice reading a blog like this. I hope some smokers can find motivation in this kind of article. Smokers can also try hypnotherapy to quit smoking. This method combines modern hypnosis with Neuro Linguistic Programming to achieve a high rate of success. I hope this helps too. Thanks a lot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home